Monday, September 14, 2015

Aldi Eats: Maple Salmon with Couscous and Broccoli

Feeding a family of five adds up quickly. That's why I love shopping at Aldi. I can't get over the low prices and money I save! Maybe you've tried Aldi, but don't shop there consistently because of the limited selection. That's where I hope the Aldi Eats series will help. It features recipes I've tried, using ingredients I purchased at Aldi.

To me, this dinner is the ultimate 'fast food'. I used this Maple Salmon recipe and paired it with couscous and broccoli. Besides the time it takes to marinade the salmon, this meal can be made in less than a half hour. And, it's packed with great tasting, nutrient-rich food for my family. Heck, I was feeling a little crazy, so I threw in some French bread and white wine that was under $3 (it's good, too!). Forget the drive-thru, people, this is the way to go!

Okay, here's a look at what I bought at Aldi to make this meal happen (I had the soy sauce, minced garlic, and seasoning on hand.): Two boxes of garlic flavored couscous, a 2 lb bag of frozen Salmon fillets, a good sized bottle of pure maple syrup, broccoli, a French baguette, and a bottle of Pinot Grigio all for about $24.00. The salmon is individually packaged so I only used what I needed for our family that night. I also have lots of maple syrup left for pancakes this week!


Here's a look at the final product with a disclaimer that I'm not a food stylist:




For a busy weeknight dinner, I'll take it! It felt like a real treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...